Bahamas, BVI, Cuba, Indonesia + The Philippines
Case Study | 40-Year Dive Boat Tour Operator
Website Design and Development + Marketing Tools
When we were introduced to All Star Liveaboards – a dive liveaboard tour operator with vessels in the Bahamas, British Virgin Islands and Indonesia – its website was not functioning with ease. At the top level, the site was slow and cluttered, had confusing page flow and not working properly on various size devices including mobile. Other challenges were tied to SEO, fonts, lack of an obvious call-to-action and no mechanism to build relationships.
Key features needed to be rewired to operate more efficiently or developed, specifically bookings (trips and ground transportation) and communication tools.
We encouraged All Star to maintain the parent-child structure but that each vessel have its own personality and brand messaging. We developed the site architecture to capture the interest of those looking for a specific destination or vessel and created an apples-to-apples infrastructure for each vessel making content more logical for divers wanting to take trips on other vessels under the umbrella operation. We took into consideration how scuba divers and non-divers make travel-buying decisions, too.
• Content was re-written to be clear and sales oriented.
• Selected imagery was now dynamic, of good quality and relevant.
• Brand standards were established for consistency in language and word usage and duplicate information was eliminated.
• Many of the processes and communication flow were automated so as to save staff time and touch points.
• Removed the need for multiple vessel price/rate uploads and instead achieved the same result with a single effort.
• Added a searchable FAQ section, allowing site visitors ease in finding answers to common questions.
• Post website completion, an affiliate section was added to help and encourage dive shops and wholesalers to monitor their bookings, create banner ads and to view their commissions.
• An unpublished area was added with marketing tools for dive shops and wholesalers to aid in selling All Star.
• The website architecture was designed to adapt to a growing operation.
• New vessel sections were created, in preparation of the arrival of a new boat in the Philippines and another in Cuba at Jardines de la Reina National Park.
• An e-newsletter template was designed and developed and formatted with short stories that could link to the newly designed blog that could showcase the full version of each story.
• Analytics allowed the client to see who viewed which stories to aid in determining future content.
• Trigger automations are anticipated to be set up to further stay in front of readers.
• To help the client make timely updates, access was given to the admin area.
• Early on, access was provided to tutorials explaining how specific areas of the website functioned.
• Two email collection vehicles were created and implemented.
• Landing pages were developed as destination pages for online ads. They housed lead generation tools to help gather email addresses.
At our direction, All Star researched and wrote “A Comprehensive Guide to Diving in the Bahamas: How to Plan the Ultimate Bahamas Dive Trip”. We reviewed, edited and designed the 38-page piece as a means to establish the client as the Bahamas diving expert and to generate interest and leads in their Bahamas trips.
As we have continued our relationship, we have designed and developed other print and online marketing and sales tools in various languages with the same brand experience or messaging for each vessel.
We continue to support our client with respect to online ad tracking tools and are available for general marketing questions and assistance.
One of the owners once remarked that she was surprised that we knew nothing about diving and yet were able to build a website that captured everything they’d ever imagined. Flying Compass knows that our clients are experts in their businesses as much as we are experts in marketing, customer journeys and sales funnels. When you marry these together, we are able to create a dynamic website with the necessary tools to help make a strong impact on bookings. We take pride in asking lots of questions and building websites that are customer-centric.
Our client reports that the booking window has widened, requiring guests to book further in advance. More importantly, they sometimes say it’s slow in the office but also admit that’s because more of the answers are now found readily on its website … and a phone call is no longer required to clarify details or book a ground transfer late on a Friday afternoon.
To learn more about this and other case studies, contact Flying Compass today.