Florida - St. Petersburg-Clearwater
Case Study | Keep Pinellas Beautiful
Carry Environmental Group's Message to Visitors
A local convention and visitors bureau webinar featured the local affiliate of Keep America Beautiful. The organization has a strong base of support from the county’s residents. However, because the destination is home to numerous award-winning beaches, including Clearwater Beach, Madeira Beach, Treasure Island, St. Pete Beach and Caladesi Island State Park, it attracts 12-15 million visitors annually. Keep Pinellas Beautiful (KPB) desires to target, reach and educate visitors to do their part in preserving the area’s natural beauty.
After attending the event, it was determined that Keep Pinellas Beautiful’s mission and programs were explained to hospitality industry members. However, the local affiliate was missing the most crucial part – understanding subtle nuances of the industry.
A follow-up call was scheduled with representatives of the organization to share background on when and how to reach the industry, the best methods to engage them and optimum ways to become a viable resource for the travel media. As opportunities presented themselves, we continued to share and provide insights.
To help Keep Pinellas Beautiful, we shared how to:
- Be more effective in reaching the tourism industry by knowing which touchpoints apply to the various hospitality industry entities and when the best time is to make contact.
- Better support organizations, agencies and contractors that regularly request eco-friendly activities in response to media inquiries.
- Understand how media FAM trips work and the difference between travel writers, freelancers, bloggers and influencers.
- Recognize which visitor demographic would significantly impact educating their traveling companions or family unit now and in the future.
- Communicate to visitors in multiple languages.
- Enhance outreach to incorporate different entry points.
To learn more about this and other case studies, contact Flying Compass today.
Click to view more Case Studies.